Monday 9 January 2012

*..Home Life..* - Routines

As you may already know, I'm trying to become more organized. My life is chaos most of the time with having three small children, so I want my life to be more easier and bring a bit of order and calmness my household. I've started small and for the pass 2-3years have had a cleaning rota with what I do everyday. So I thought maybe it would be a good idea for me to share with you want happens within my house, hopefully I can help others to be organized and we can support and help other each along the way.
Other than my rota I've started a daily rota. Which has the times of the day I do a certain something, to help me remember to do everything. So for those days that I'm rushed of my feet, I can look and know that I need to do that something instead of thinking 'Ah.. I must do that' and do it in a rush, not properly or forgetting completely.

So firstly, here is my 'Weekly Cleaning Rota'.....

Mornings: Daily...
Do the pots, Kitchen Sides, Room Spray, Make beds, Clean the High chairs, Sweep Kitchen Floor, Hoover the Living Room, Empty Bin/s, Wipe down draining board & Sink.

Nights: Daily...
Do the pots, Kitchen Sides, Sweep & Mop Kitchen Floor & Spray Downstairs.

Monday: Living Room...
Polish, Hoover, Wash window nettings and curtains, Empty the bin & Spray Room Spray.

Tuesday: Bedrooms...
Polish, Hoover, Take dirty washing down, Wash bedding/s, Empty bin/s & Spray Room.

Wednesday: Kitchen & Bathroom/s...
Kitchen: Kitchen sides, Sweep & Mop Floor, Wipe Cupboard Doors & Shelves, Clean Fridge, Freezer, Microwave & Cooker, Clean draining board & Sink & Empty the bins.
Bathroom/s: Sweep, Mop & Hoover Floor, Bleach & Clean Toilet, Sink & Bath, Wipe tiles, Empty bin/s & Spray Room/s.

Thursday: Hallway & Tumble Dryer Room...
Sweep, Hoover and Mop Floor/s, Dust Shelves, Wipe down tumble dryer & Spray Room.

Friday: Anything needs doing...
If anything needs doing, hoover, polish, spray room/s, putting anything away and sorting anything extra out.

Saturday: Washing...
Anything needs doing etc... and to start the washing.

Sunday: Washing...
Anything needs doing etc... and to finish the washing.

Of course I stick to my cleaning routine, however if I need to do anything I don't wait until the 'set' day that I've planned to do it, I just do it! I hoover and polish everywhere every other day.

So, my next rota is my 'Daily Rota' it's mainly based on what to do for the kids but its the one that I make sure I stick to with out a doubt. These are the main things that I do for them, if need be I may do extra things of course. Whether I'm having a good or bad day or even if I'm tired or ill I stick to it, because I have to!

Every Morning: 'Cleaning Task' &...
Change Kids Nappies, Make & Have Breakfast, Brush Kids Teeth & Hair, Wash them. (Hands & Face)

Every Night: 'Cleaning Task' &...
Wash them (Hands & Face) or Bath, Brush their hair & teeth & Get kids clothes ready for the next day.

With my busy days, focusing on the children all day everyday, my needs/ wants slip. Everything is about them and I've almost got lost along the way.. so I'm now trying to make time for myself, yes its difficult at times but I'm starting to take time out of the day to treat myself whether that mean just have a relaxing bath at the end of the night, putting my feet up with a coffee. I'm slowly time out and taking it one step at a time and a day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea, but I'm tired from just reading it!
    Can I blame pregnancy for being tired...?
    I will try to create a routine though.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete

*..Share your thoughts..*